Friday, July 27, 2007

Peggy Noonan is reading my mind

I was thinking about summer vacations with my family when I was a kid the other day, and then this morning I read this from Peggy Noonan:
So we are agreed. We are living in the second great Gilded Age, a time of startling personal wealth. In the West, the mansion after mansion with broad and rolling grounds; in the East, the apartments with foyers in which bowling teams could play. Or, on another level, the week's vacation in Disneyland or Dublin with the entire family--this in a nation in which, well within human memory, people with a week off stayed home and fixed things in the garage, or drove to the beach for a day and sat on a blanket from one of the kid's beds and thought: This is the life.

You can read the whole thing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home