Monday, June 27, 2005

A bag of Bones

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow
Let it be
--"Let It Be," Lennon & McCartney


The Hell’s Kitchen Dispatch returns with an off-the-cuff interview with Joe Bones, creator of and contributor to this blog.

“So, Joe, where the devil have you been?”

“I’ve been busy running a startup in Lower Manhattan. I tell my friends I’m everything from president to mop boy. It doesn’t leave much time for anything else. I mean, even my dog Ilsa’s been clamoring for attention. [Ilsa barks.] But I have to remain focused.”

“Gotcha. So what’s the deal? Do you like it?”

“You find out in a hurry what you’re good at, and what you need to work at. Insofar as what my company does, I think I’m the best in the field. The work came easy when I was a one-man show. But when you expand to a full-fledged company, there are so many things you have to learn on the fly--promotion, conversing with potential clients, keeping the help happy. The experience so far indicates I need to work harder in all of those areas. But work harder I will. I have no regrets.”

“Bones, you’ve moved from Hell’s Kitchen to Lower Manhattan. Why not change the name of your blog?”

“Because you can take the man out of the kitchen, but you can’t take the kitchen out of the man, if you know what I mean.”

“I’m not sure I’m following you.”

“That’s OK. God willing, you’ll never have to.”

“So what’s life like down by the Battery?”

“That, my friend, is what I intend to write about. Let’s just say for now that the Dispatch is active, once again. Look for my rhetorical ramblings right here. I promise I’ll be more regular. Fiber or no fiber.”

“That’s gross, Bones.”

“Says you.”

“Bones, you said in March that you were back. How do we know you’re on the level this time?”

“Log on to the Hell’s Kitchen Dispatch twice weekly. You’ll see.”

“Anything to say before we end this interview?”

“Be wary of evangelical Christians. Most are OK, just like everyone else, really. But others, they say they’re on the level, but the level says something else.”

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of have been logging on twice weekly and find ourselves disapponinted twice weekly. what gives?

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Joe Bones said...

Okay, so I lied.

It's not going to be easy for me to post regularly now that I'm running a startup, but I will try from this post date forward to keep the Dispatch moving on at least a weekly basis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home